I was born in 1965 in Bonfim, Porto, Portugal and I live in Senhora da Hora, a small town in Matosinhos, Portugal.
I’m the CEO & Co-founder of MASDIMA, Lda a start-up company created to put in the market the results of the research performed during my PhD.
I also work for TAP Air Portugal, the major Portuguese Airline and I do research in the Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science – Distributed Artificial Intelligence & Intelligent Simulation Group.
I was also an assistant professor at the Informatics Engineering Department, in the University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, where I teach at the Programming Laboratory, Computers Laboratory, Programming and Agents and Distributed Artificial Intelligence.
I speak Portuguese (my native language), English and French and I have a special interest in cutting edge technologies. I also like photography, cinema and reading.
My main personal characteristics are: vision, pragmatism and goal oriented. I also think that I’m good at managing and leading people. But it is better to ask to my colleagues for this one. 🙂
Summary of my education and professional experience:
- MASDIMA, Lda CEO & Co-founder since August 2014.
- PhD in Informatics Engineering from University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering since July 2013.
- Postgraduate in Air Transport Operations from ISEC since 2008.
- Post-graduation Course (attended) in Astrobiology from New University of Lisbon and ESA (European Space Agency) since 2008.
- Assistant professor at University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, from October 2006 to March 2011.
- Researcher at LIACC-Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science – Distributed Artificial Intelligence & Intelligent Simulation Group.
- Master Degree in Artificial Intelligence in University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering (Blog related with my research) since 2007.
- Consultant at TAP Portugal since 2003, for IS/IT projects. Currently I’m leading the Datalink Project (ACARS) that involves the exchange of information between the aircrafts and the ground servers and vice-versa. In the past I was involved on the EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) Project that aims to remove the paper from the aircraft cockpit and Portal DOV a web portal for crew members.
- Web Application Developer at I2S – Informática Sistemas e Serviços, from 2001 to 2002
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer in Windows 2000 since Jan 2001
- (2 year graduate) Information Systems Engineering from ISEP, Porto in 1997
- BsC in Informatics Engineering from ISEP, Porto in 1995
- Software Engineer, Network Administrator and Crew Manager in TAP Portugal, Porto Base, from 1990 to 2001