I’m the CEO & Co-founder of MASDIMA, Lda a start-up company created to put in the market the results of the research performed during my PhD.
I also work for TAP Portugal, the major Portuguese Airline and I do research in the Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science – Distributed Artificial Intelligence & Intelligent Simulation Group.
I was also an assistant at the Informatics Engineering Department, in the University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, where I teach at the Programming Laboratory, Computers Laboratory, Programming and Agents and Distributed Artificial Intelligence.
I speak Portuguese (my native language), English and French and I have a special interest in cutting edge technologies. I also like photography, cinema and reading.
My main personal characteristics are: vision, pragmatism and goal oriented. I also think that I’m good at managing and leading people. But it is better to ask to my colleagues for this one.
Summary of my education and professional experience:
- MASDIMA, Lda CEO & Co-founder since August 2014.
- PhD in Informatics Engineering from University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering since July 2013.
- Postgraduate in Air Transport Operations from ISEC since 2008.
- Assistant at University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, from October 2006 to March 2011.
- Researcher at LIACC-Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science – Distributed Artificial Intelligence & Intelligent Simulation Group.
- Master Degree in Artificial Intelligence in University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering (Blog related with my research) since 2007.
- Consultant at TAP Portugal since 2003, for IT projects. Currently I have three main projects that I’m responsible for: the EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) Project that aims to remove the paper from the aircraft cockpit, the Datalink Project (ACARS) that involves the exchange of information between the aircrafts and the ground servers and the other, related with building a web portal for crew members (Portal DOV).
- Web Application Developer at I2S – Informática Sistemas e Serviços, from 2001 to 2002
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer in Windows 2000 since Jan 2001
- (2 year graduate) Information Systems Engineering from ISEP, Porto in 1997
- BsC in Informatics Engineering from ISEP, Porto in 1995
- Software Engineer, Network Administrator and Crew Manager in TAP Portugal, Porto Base, from 1990 to 2001